Chaotic Solitude

Inside every (wo)man there is always an urge to find a structure in Chaos !

Sunday, July 11, 2004

So where am I ?

After landing in the US, I have clocked more miles than my entire 28 yrs of life put together. It has been a crazy two and half months. Landed in NJ/NY and then moved to Houston and then to Portland, Salt lake city and finally settled in Seattle. The Good news is that my job is interesting. First time I am seeing the difference of being a married man. Being away from family makes me feel sick. I have already started looking fwd to going back to India. Nothing to beat "namma" Bangalore. My pals who are settled here in the US look at me in a strange way when I say this. Come on folks!

I am not sure if I would get a better role back in India. But still it’s a fulfilling life back in Bangalore - the Morning filter Coffee and Times of India... The bike ride to Office with my wife in the Pillion...The mini discussion on where to go for lunch with my Colleagues...The lunch table discussion of Office Politics with Colleagues...The evening "Chaat" at Sukhsagar with my wife...NDTV 9PM news...Dinner with my wife...

Oh how can I forget my Sundays...How special I used to treat my Sundays... my definition of an ideal (idle) Sunday irritates my wife a bit...Getting up at 8...Reading “Sunday Times” before brushing...Reading and re-reading Sunday times...Reading Swaminomics-my favorite column...Breakfast at 9:30...Executing some Honey-dos...late lunch...listening to FM91's old hindi songs in the afternoon...Discussions on where to go in the evenings...Finding our way through the Crowded MG Road...Haggling with Our Favorite Corn-wallah in MG Road Junction... Strolling MG Road aimlessly...The 8 o'clock ride in the motorcycle with my wife through our "Romantic route" (Residency road-Lalbagh-Jayanagar)...Sweet remembrances of 'how I used to pray god that the Residency road Signal should turn red before I reach the Junction, so that I could spend more time with my then colleague (and my present-day wife)'

Hmm... All that seems to have happened looooonnnnnnnggggg ago; December...come Sooon....

Am in a typical dilemma on how to balance career aspirations and life. Am I asking for too much? May be I wanted to have the cake and eat it too. All those hi-flier stuff that I had dreamed about have come true to a great extent in my career. But there is an emptiness at the end of the day. May be what I want is an ordinary life... 9-7 job and a nice and wonderful dinner with my wife to end the day.

At the end of the day, Double Incomes and Rat races have taken the simple pleasures out of our lives, I guess.

Anyway, I started writing this blog with the intention of writing about the funny Microsoft People at Redmond (I had been to Redmond today). But ended whining about my current situation.

Btw, my friend Arun (Cogito Ergo Sum) has moved to Singapore to pursue his MBA. He has placed his bets on the growing Asian Market. That was his primary reason on choosing Singapore for doing his MBA. I too want to go back and focus on Indian Markets in my industry. Are we thinking too much about India and Asia ? Why are we gung-ho about Indian and Asian Markets? Is it really going to be that big as it is being projected today? May be our careers will tell someday. All the best Arun!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Cogito said…

    Dude,Thanks for the Honorary mention :-) Life is a gamble and this time we are betting on our homeland.

    Btw, I understand your predicament.The grass is always greener on the other side. Never knew you were this romantic.

     
  • At 12:35 AM, Blogger Tat Tvam Asi (a.k.a) The Ultimate Reality said…

    Dying to be wedded soon, and enjoy the life you have just said (in Chennai, though)

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Bhasker said…

    Title is good; nice to see your page after long time..
    i will call you soon

     
  • At 3:19 AM, Blogger 3rd Person said…

    I knew, somewhere inside this apparently steely guy is a corner as soft and romantic as some hero in Sheksphere's works. After reading this I am feeling vindicated and more than that, happy for this 'interesting' friend of mine. This certainly calls for congratulations to his wonderful wife who has done this magic to him.
    ~-~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home