Chaotic Solitude

Inside every (wo)man there is always an urge to find a structure in Chaos !

Sunday, May 16, 2004

Manhattan

Yesterday I was in Manhattan. Lots have been written about this place...and having been here only for around 2 weeks, I guess I am ill-equiped to pass on any comments. Yeah... Manhattan is awesome. I don't think any other city can come closer to this.

But definitely it is not a place for non-investment bankers like me. Something as simple as a Parking lot ticket would summarize everything. Yday, I was passing through the Central Parking system. There was a huge board crying "Save! $295.95 per month." That roughly brings it to around $15 a working day. Why the hell would anyone buy and drive a car in Manhattan; and on the top of it convince themselves of saving some money. If you buy this argument, then probably you are not an investment banker or a Madisson Avenue Ad Professional :)

Incidentally, I stumbled upon this joke in Today's ET.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home